Register for School

At Metro Nashville Public Schools, we do our best to make registering for school as simple as possible. Here we’ll take you through exactly what you need to do to register your child for school, organized by grade-level. However, regardless of grade level, registration for MNPS will require the same basic documents.

How to Register for MNPS

Use the Online Portal:新皇冠体育盘口 We strongly encourage families to register new or returning students through the . On the portal, you can:

  • Apply for a Student Identification Number

    • 新皇冠体育盘口Once you have a Student ID, you can begin the process of applying for Pre-K, Kindergarten, an optional school or registering for your student’s zoned school.

  • Register for school

  • Upload required documents

This process can be completed on computers and smart phones.
新皇冠体育盘口An email address is necessary to begin the application. Families can call their nearest Enrollment Center for assistance.

Can’t Register Online?

Beginning June 24: Contact your nearest Enrollment Center新皇冠体育盘口 to make an appointment if you cannot register online.

  • Appointments can be made by calling or emailing the preferred Enrollment Center location.

  • 新皇冠体育盘口No walk-in appointments are available.

  • Masks are required.

  • Please do not visit an Enrollment Center if you have any symptoms of COVID 19.

  • Temperatures will be taken at Enrollment Centers.

  • 新皇冠体育盘口Only one parent/guardian should be present for registration.

  • 新皇冠体育盘口Only one visitor is allowed inside at a time - and please only bring small children if childcare is not available

Do You Need a Translator to Help You Register for School Online, or Speak a Language other than English at Home?

Contact the English Learners office at (615) 259-8608 or email if you:

  • need a translator to help you get to register for school

  • speak a language other than English at home

Regardless of what language you speak at home, student identification numbers are assigned by the Enrollment Center.

新皇冠体育盘口See more information about the English Learners office further down on the webpage.


Visit our and follow instructions to upload the following documents:

The following documents must be uploaded for processing:

  • Photo ID of parent or guardian

  • Child’s birth certificate

  • Current Proof of Residence

  • 新皇冠体育盘口If your child will be in grades K to 12, you also will need a Tennessee Immunization Record.

This process can be completed on computers and smart phones.
An email address is necessary to begin the application. Families can call their nearest Enrollment Center for assistance.

新皇冠体育盘口Once you have a Student ID, you can begin the process of applying for Pre-K, Kindergarten, an optional school or registering for your student’s zoned school.

Documents You Need To Register For MNPS:

Applying for Pre-K? See the section below.

  1. Student Registration Packet for 2019-2020: [English] [Spanish] [Pre-K] [Kindergarten]

  2. Record Of Birth (birth certificate, passport, visa, I-94, etc.)

  3. 新皇冠体育盘口Immunization/Vaccination Record (on a Tennessee Certificate of Immunization form)

  4. Photo identification of the parent or guardian (driver’s license, passport, military ID, etc.)

  5. Proof of Residency (lease, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc.)

    1. 新皇冠体育盘口Document must be in parent/guardian name and dated within the last 30 days.

  6. Recent Transcript/Report Card (optional)

  7. 新皇冠体育盘口School Physical


MNPS currently is accepting Pre-K applications for the 2020-21 school year and applicants will be placed as vacancies occur.

Our process for Pre-K is distinct from any of our higher grade-levels. There are eligibility requirements that must be considered, including immunization and school physical requirements, and a separate application.

In addition to the documents required for MNPS registration, Pre-K requires these documents:

Additional Documents Required For Pre-K Registration:

  • Proof of Income, which could include:

    • 1040 Form (make sure child’s name is listed)

    • Family First Case Number (from Department of Human Services)

    • 新皇冠体育盘口Food Stamp Number (also from Department of Human Services)

Age Requirements

  • A child must be 4-years-old on, or before, August 15, 2020 to apply for MNPS Pre-K for the 2020-21 school year.

An MNPS Student Identification Number is required to apply for Pre-K.

Visit our  to obtain a Student ID number, if you don’t already have one.
新皇冠体育盘口When you a receive a Student ID number, complete and submit an online Pre-K application. Application is below.

Registering For Elementary & Middle School

MNPS different enrollment centers across the district in convenient locations. These enrollment centers operate from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.

In order to register your child for school at a MNPS elementary or middle school, you must visit one of these enrollment centers in person. When you visit, make sure you bring all the required documents listed above.

Before you schedule your child’s pre-school-year doctor’s appointment, be sure that you double check the Immunizations Requirements新皇冠体育盘口 of your child’s school.

Registering For High School

Registering your child for high school with MNPS works much the same the registration process for Elementary and Middle School. You must register in person through one of our enrollment centers, and arrive with the required documents (listed above) in-hand, including immunization information. 

Registering For A School Outside Your Zone

新皇冠体育盘口MNPS, as a default, will assign children to schools based on zones. This means that the school your child is automatically assigned to depends entirely on your address. However, if you would prefer your child attend a different school than the one corresponding to your zone, you have the option to fill out an external application (we call these “optional applications”) and apply to the school of your choosing. Your eligibility to apply to schools outside your zone depends upon the space available in those schools. MNPS also runs a number of charter schools that you may apply to at any time.

Registering For English Learners

If English is not the first language for you and your family, your child should be enrolled in our English Learners Program.

In Person: You can register in person beginning July 6, 2020 by making an appointment. Call 615-259-8608 or email for a registration appointment. We are not able to take any walk-ins. 

Call or Email:新皇冠体育盘口 If a language other than English is spoken at home, and you need a translator call 615-259-8608 for an appointment. 

Important:新皇冠体育盘口 To keep us all safe from COVID-19, masks must be worn in our offices and we ask that only one guardian per family come to our office to register students.

Once your child has been registered for the EL program, your entire family will be eligible to participate in the wide variety of programs we offer to EL families. If you have any questions, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions below, or call us directly at the number listed above.

Resources For EL Families:

  • 新皇冠体育盘口International Student Registration Center Contact Information

  • 新皇冠体育盘口English Learners FAQs

  • International Student Registration Center Map

Other Resources: